Since acrylic Solid Surfaces are a non-traditional choice, caring for such material can be tricky. Be sure to follow these guidelines to help you prevent any permanent damage to your surfaces, protecting your investment. While they are heat resistant, as with all countertop materials, it is important to minimize direct heat exposure.
Always use a heat protection pad or a trivet (with rubber feet), or leave cookware to cool first. Never put hot pans, particularly cast iron, directly on this countertop or its sink. Boiling water alone may damage your sink, however, it is a recommended practice to run cold water from the faucet while pouring boiling water into the sink to prevent boiling water damage. Always use the correct size pan on the burner and place it centrally. An overhanging pan scorches surrounding surfaces.
Accidental spills of strong chemicals (e.g. paint stripper, brush cleaners, metal cleaners, oven cleaners, cleaners containing methylene chloride, acid drain cleaners, acetone-based nail varnish removers, etc.) should be flushed promptly with plenty of soapy water to avoid damaging this countertop. For nail varnish spills, non-acetone based remover can be used, and then flushed thoroughly with water. Undetected or prolonged exposure to chemicals may damage the surface permanently.
Like all materials, acrylic solid surfaces will develop slight abrasion marks in normal daily use but be sure to never cut or chop on this countertop. Dark, heavily pigmented colors will show scratches, dust, and ordinary wear and tear more readily than lighter, textured colors. So be careful in selecting colors accordingly.
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Although liquids cannot penetrate these surfaces, it is best to wipe up spills as they occur. Generally, a damp microfiber cloth used with a standard household kitchen spray should remove most stains. Always clean using a circular motion.
- For most residues, all you need to clean these countertops is some warm soapy water, ammonia-based household cleaner, or a dedicated countertop cleaner. Please avoid window cleaners as they can leave a wax build-up that dulls the Granex surface.
- A film will build up on countertops if water is left to dry on the surface. This film will dull the countertop surface, making the finish appear blotchy and uneven. To prevent film build-up, it is very important to wipe the countertop completely dry immediately after spills and cleaning.
- Some colors of these surfaces may require more frequent cleaning to maintain a uniform finish. Darker colors tend to require more attention than lighter colors. Over time, even with proper care, your countertop will acquire sheen. Dark colors may show light scratches more readily. But rest assured — restoring your countertops to their original glory is an easy process.
- Once or twice a week, but regularly, remove all the fat and oil residues of normal food preparation from the sink, using a detergent or a hard-surface cleaner. Use a spray with 3/4 of liquid household bleach and 1/4 water to spray the sink and leave a few hours or overnight. The exposure time should be limited to 16hrs. In the morning, rinse or clean with a damp cloth.
Trust us to source the best quality Acrylic Solid Surfaces for you from a well-known manufacturer all the way to the USA. Your dedicated procurement manager at BlinkGlobal will take care of your entire project end-to-end.